Monday, May 5, 2014


Orthodontist
Duties and Responsibilities: The orthodontist is a dentist that specializes in the straightening and alignment of teeth .  Some of their duties include;
·        Taking x-rays
·        Taking measurements  of ones teeth
·        Applying braces
·        Retainers
·        Planning custom treatment plans for each patient
·        Being in charge of the work area
·        Supervising
Salary: $186,000
Educational Requirements:  You must have a doctors degree to even apply for this job. You will begin by getting your bachelors degree then you will continue on to medical school where you will receive your masters. After attending dental school you must take residency training which lasts 2-3 years.
Reflection: I would be interested in becoming an orthodontist because growing up I had very crooked teeth and I was insecure about myself. I was lucky enough to have parents who could afford them. I would want to help those children who were like me and they don’t have money to fix the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment