Monday, February 3, 2014

Operating Room Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
Operating room technicians are also known as surgical technicians or surgical technologist. They set up all of the equipment needed for the surgery as well as assist the surgeon in handing him/her the equipment he/she needs. They count all of the materials before and after the surgery. They also take patients to the recovery room after the surgery has been completed. They deliver specimens to hospital laboratories.
Salary: $16,000-$22,000
Education:
A high school diploma or GED is requires most colleges and large hospitals offer programs in operating room technology. Programs may last from one year to two years. Students receive training in medical terminology, physiology, and sterilization methods.  At the end of the training period students must pass an examination by the Association of Surgical Technologists to become certified.

I would am interested in this being a career for me, I would like to be a surgeon, but someone’s life in my hands is frightening. It will give me the experience I want without feeling guilty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment